Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 16, 2019, 10:36:26 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar ROMs
| | |-+  Atari 2600 emulator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Atari 2600 emulator  (Read 8822 times)
doctorclu

« on: September 21, 2009, 01:36:54 am »

Ok, I've heard many talk about this, how it works (and not work) and even that they COULD compile something from this.

So who can actually make an image we can try out, and tell us how it was done?

doctorclu

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 02:42:09 am »

No ideas on how to compile this?
TheGrandPubaa

Cogito, ergo deleo.

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 03:14:59 am »

Not a clue, but i'd love to see some progress made on it. Smiley

I don't own a Jaguar anymore. Wanna give me a compelling reason to buy another one?
sergi

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 06:07:14 pm »

Jaguar Emulation is too slow

so better make port of games instead of emulators

but I'll try to compile it Wink

And I got an idea - emulator is using real time converting codes of other processor on current one
so think it is possible to convert rom before and get - well, jaguar rom with codes for jaguar processors, and it should work quickly 'cause doesnt spend time on converting codes - they are already converted correctly on PC before.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 06:54:06 pm by sergi » Logged
songbird

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 06:09:21 am »

Or there's Virtual VCS, which I own the rights & source to. Cheesy
Cyrano Jones

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 09:12:14 am »

Good job Stella is open source then Smiley
sh3-rg

push the button today

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 03:33:37 pm »

Or there's Virtual VCS, which I own the rights & source to. Cheesy

Hello Songbird,

I had a quick look for info but only found this comment on youtube " Here's another unreleased Jag title. It was supposed to be an Atari 2600 emulator presumably loaded with many 2600 roms, but unfortunately was canned at about 50% completion. As you can tell, this build of the emulator was fairly bug-ridden. It didn't support sound or collision, and appears to have only supported 6 games (though I do believe the final build supported 9)."

The only other reference that jumped out at me that there is something called VirtualVCS by Dan Boris and Alex Hornbey that is released under GNU & has been ported around is that something different?

What's the status of Virtual VCS that you have? Is it working & if so do you have plans to do anything with it?

_ __sh3/reservoir_gods^reboot___ _
songbird

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 11:41:01 pm »

That video on YouTube is indeed the VVCS for which I own the source and rights. I never created a Songbird project page for it, but I did post some updates on AA many years ago, such as:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/3960-virtual-vcs-update/page__p__36432__hl__jaguar%20vvcs__fromsearch__1&#entry36432

VVCS is about as far along as you see in that YouTube video. It is loading real 2600 game ROMs into the emulator, but no sound or collisions.

Unfortunately, the project has stalled due to lack of free time and my inexperience with 2600 emulators. I'm considering making this available to the community, since it has languished for so long and I'm sure other people could do far more with it. My only real contribution was debugging the code to make it compile "out of the box." Smiley

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:43:54 pm by songbird » Logged
sh3-rg

push the button today

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 12:59:51 am »

Cheers for the update Smiley

Unfortunately, the project has stalled due to lack of free time and my inexperience with 2600 emulators. I'm considering making this available to the community, since it has languished for so long and I'm sure other people could do far more with it. My only real contribution was debugging the code to make it compile "out of the box." Smiley

Someone who knows their 2600 would be invaluable, not sure how many jag coders do, but if you decide to put it out I suppose we might find out Smiley

_ __sh3/reservoir_gods^reboot___ _
doctorclu

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 01:50:27 am »

That video on YouTube is indeed the VVCS for which I own the source and rights. I never created a Songbird project page for it, but I did post some updates on AA many years ago, such as:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/3960-virtual-vcs-update/page__p__36432__hl__jaguar%20vvcs__fromsearch__1&#entry36432

Well I looked on the link and didn't see the youtube video.  I would love to see the Youtube video just to see the 2600 emu in action.
Mord

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 02:02:21 am »

I'm guessing it would be this Smiley
doctorclu

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 11:45:58 pm »

That is really looking good!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length