Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2017, 10:12:10 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar Emulators
| | |-+  Virtual Jaguar Madness!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Virtual Jaguar Madness!  (Read 14107 times)
Shamus

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 03:50:04 am »

You can PM the changes to me here or post them on the SDLemu forums. Link to the forums are at icculus.org/virtualjaguar.

To answer your questions, yes, the Mac port is supposed to work out of the box. If you built against SVN, then that's great! If not, then you most likely corrected stuff that's already been corrected. Wink As far a debugging goes, there is no real-time debugging support in VJ but this is a direction I'd like to take the emulator in the near future. Right now, it only generates lots and lots of text in the logfile which may or may not help you.
mellis

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 01:55:00 pm »

Thanks for the info, Shamus.

I built version 1.0.7, which is the last release version, I think.  So yes, it could well be the case that the Mac OS X issues have been tidied up.  I figured I'd offer the changes in case you needed them.

I am happy to report that, so far, VJ is working well for what I need it to do.  That said, if a real-time debugger finds its way in there, that would make it even better for me.
Shamus

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 04:04:55 am »

Just thought I'd drop a small note here: Work is progressing on an experimental branch ATM; will put in a call for artwork once it's in a semi-stable state. All I'm gonna say about it is that there are massive improvements to the GUI coming. Smiley

Just for the record: The last stable version of VJ is r300--if you're looking for something a little further along than 1.0.7, this is your best bet. BTW, I was running this the other day on my P4 desktop and was surprised to see it running so fast Shocked (I do most of the development on an old T42 Thinkpad with shit for video). Stay tuned, I may or may not put a blurb up on the website. Wink
ggn

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 11:33:18 am »

Good stuff Shamus! Do let us know when you need those gfx!
doctorclu

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 03:21:24 pm »

..... (I do most of the development on an old T42 Thinkpad with shit for video). Stay tuned, I may or may not put a blurb up on the website. Wink

Was that the ThinkPad with the really cool foldout keyboard?
Shamus

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 03:57:36 pm »

Unfortunately, the answer is no. Back when those were available I was running around with a Toshiba Satellite that had a screaming 75 MHz 486. Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_keyboard
kgenthe

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 04:38:08 am »

Just thought I'd drop a small note here: Work is progressing on an experimental branch ATM; will put in a call for artwork once it's in a semi-stable state. All I'm gonna say about it is that there are massive improvements to the GUI coming. Smiley

Just for the record: The last stable version of VJ is r300--if you're looking for something a little further along than 1.0.7, this is your best bet. BTW, I was running this the other day on my P4 desktop and was surprised to see it running so fast Shocked (I do most of the development on an old T42 Thinkpad with shit for video). Stay tuned, I may or may not put a blurb up on the website. Wink

Keep up the good work buddy! I don't have anything to contribute to your work or the project, but I appreciate what you do.

I was stunned to find last year that all of a sudden there was a nearly perfect Saturn emulator (after reading for many years it would be impossible). It would be nice someday for retro fans who can't afford real hardware (kids without jobs and the like) and games to be able to experience the Jaguar.

And it would be nice to update my website with pixel perfect screenshots. Again, keep up the good work!

mellis

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 05:55:18 am »

Thanks for your hard work.  I'm very pleased to be able test Jag code via emulator without having to employ a virtual machine that's running yet another OS. 

Once I get a moment, I'll have a look at acquiring r300.
Shamus

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, 09:41:56 pm »

Oops, I just discovered that r300 is b0rken; I just checked out a fresh copy of r299 and it compiles and runs OK. Sorry if this caused any of you undue trouble. Sad
kgenthe

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 11:09:48 pm »

@Shamus

Is this the latest version?

Shamus

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 07:09:38 pm »

For Windows, yeah, that should be r299. It's still pretty broken though, but better than nothing at this point. Wink
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length