Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2019, 05:38:58 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar Development
| | |-+  Future homebrew games?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Future homebrew games?  (Read 6238 times)
GroovyBee

Busy bee!

« on: September 10, 2009, 08:31:35 pm »

What are the new homebrew games you'd like to see appear on the jag?
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 10:25:28 pm »

- MOAR 2D shooters!
- MOAR 2D platforms (the Jaguar NEEDS its Turrican 2 Wink )

That's about it basically Smiley

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
Cyrano Jones

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 10:34:51 pm »

Anything really, as long as its free, hopefully with source+assets released into the community.

Less puzzlers though!  (This seems to be the ST's current downfall with homebrew at the moment)
TheGrandPubaa

Cogito, ergo deleo.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 04:16:09 am »

I think some good, old school, platformers would be nice. I'd like to see someone experiment with the racing genre(Why, oh, why couldn't Slam Racer be finished?). Mostly, an RPG of some kind would really fill that empty niche in the library.

I don't own a Jaguar anymore. Wanna give me a compelling reason to buy another one?
Cyrano Jones

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 11:24:46 am »

Slam Racer looks a lot more complete than it actually is.  But I have spoken to Mr Sinigord about this Smiley
kgenthe

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 06:17:06 pm »

I'm gunna say horizontal shmup, something crazy to show off the Jag's 2D sprite power.

remowilliams
Tech Group

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 07:46:56 pm »

Boy would I love a good RPG, but I know those things take quite some time.  It would be really cool if someone did a Tunnels of Doom remake for the Jag though, that shouldn't be that hard.   Grin

A good platformer or racer would also be nice.  Good shooters also always welcome.

Games that actually make it to gamers is a big plus!   Wink

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in. Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be." -Sam Vimes (Thud!, Terry Pratchett)
ChrisTOS

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 08:31:11 pm »

Actually there are quite a few Dungeon Master like RPG games for the ST that could be ported. Some are good some are bad. 
But then I haven't got the slightest clue what it means porting a game like that from the ST..
Fadest

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 08:40:50 pm »

For those interested on how a DM like is displayed, you can have a look on ADGE :
http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/906

This can extract every graph from original DM graphics file. Then, it is easy to understand why the FTL guys were genius and how they displayed on screen (basically, you can also change every graph from DM).

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length