Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 16, 2019, 10:11:50 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar Development
| | |-+  Room for a jag CC2 device?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Room for a jag CC2 device?  (Read 4375 times)
GroovyBee

Busy bee!

« on: August 31, 2009, 03:09:39 pm »

I know that the first couple of runs of the Skunkboard was a sell out and that JagCF is on the horizon but is there room in the jag scene for the equivalent of the Atari 7800's Cuttle Cart 2 (http://schells.com/cc2.shtml)?

Comments and suggestions please?
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 03:14:00 pm »

Well, if it's a cheap enough solution, people will be interested for something like that. How much did that cart cost?

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
GroovyBee

Busy bee!

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 03:22:00 pm »

I'm not too sure how much it cost originally. I think it was around $150 and then dropped as the market saturated over time. They are quite expensive to buy now at $300 or more.
remowilliams
Tech Group

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 08:41:20 pm »

I'd definitely love a CC2 type Jag device.   Cheesy

As far as market audience, it probably would depend largely on the price.  Though one plus is that a Jag CC2 type of cart should be far less complicated than the 7800 one. 

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in. Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be." -Sam Vimes (Thud!, Terry Pratchett)
GroovyBee

Busy bee!

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 08:57:46 pm »

I'd definitely love a CC2 type Jag device.   Cheesy

Thats one sale then Cheesy.

As far as market audience, it probably would depend largely on the price.  Though one plus is that a Jag CC2 type of cart should be far less complicated than the 7800 one. 

Agreed. I've looked at the jag's cart interface and its pretty straight forward to interface anything to. I've done plenty of FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 and VFAT drivers in the past as well.
doctorclu

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 10:55:23 pm »

Yeh I've wondered about the idea of adding a hard drive device to the Jaguar.  Of course there was Jag OS and adding a TOS system.

But yeh I would love a system like CC2 for the Jaguar, and probably buy it.

The CC2 keeps me in tune with the 2600 and 7800 systems.  Cheesy
sh3-rg

push the button today

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 02:13:20 am »

Why did this thread evade me? I sort of remember reading it but it must have been late.. then maybe I thought it was a dream by morning Wink

I'd like something like that, it'd be nice to be able to put all those smaller games & demos together & pick & choose from them easily, or would it allow for larger games, too? It'd be more flexible than the skunkboard as you could take your whole collection with you in your pocket as long as the thing holding the data was big enough. Any idea at all what the cost would be? I know it's difficult to say without a design, but is there a ballpark figure?

_ __sh3/reservoir_gods^reboot___ _
doctorclu

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 02:00:47 pm »

There are actually two ready solutions:

1) The Skunkboard has those USB slots, and there has been a driver to have one type of memory stick work on it.  The USB slots on the Skunkboard are an unexplored frontier.

2) The Compact Flash, as long as it took from the bios of the Skunkboard for restrictions on running things like Battlesphere would probably be mostly accepted in that form.   The Compact Flash (with like a 1 or 2 gig card) would have more than enough flash space to store a whole Jaguar rom library.  My Jaguar game folder where I store the Skunkboard loadables is 281 mg.

So either or...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length