Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2019, 07:00:58 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  General Chat
| | |-+  Low Res - a new webbased magazine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Low Res - a new webbased magazine  (Read 5933 times)
ChrisTOS

« on: August 30, 2009, 07:03:42 pm »

How long did you wait for the last disk magazine issue? Alive 14 has been ages away and no new version has been seen yet.

Thorn, Christos and Simon Sunnyboy decided around Outline 2009 that the disk magazine concept should be transported over to a new platform and concept.

We started the Low Res magazine in Web 2.0 style. It is a Wordpress based blog with the following ideas behind the magazine:

releases more often, even if there are not 80 articles around
cover anything from an Atarian point of view, games, demos, hardware, news
a Blog system like Wordpress allows instant feedback via comments
article submissions are way more easy
readable even on your Atari ST with CAB or Highwire Smiley
article reviewing and proof reading can be done online while chatting, Skyping etc (no sharing of article textfiles anymore)

So here you go! At http://lowresmag.wordpress.com/ you can find the first issue of our magazine.

We hope you enjoy the read and if you want to contribute with articles, reviews or anything Atari related, just go ahead and tell us!
Low Res will need your active support - and keep in mind, if it's Atari related it is suited for the magazine, 8bit and Jaguar included.

We appreciate your feedback!
overlord
Free Jaguar Project Admin

FJP Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 09:25:06 pm »

This mag looks great so far! I think it works well in the blog format. Smiley
ChrisTOS

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 09:46:16 pm »

Thanks for the nice comment and the interview Wink
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 10:01:27 pm by ChrisTOS » Logged
Zerosquare

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 01:20:01 am »

Great job !  <insert-"thumbs up"-smiley-that-doesn't-exist-on-this-forum>
ChrisTOS

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 08:54:43 am »

Thanks! And remember, we are also interested in constructive negative comments. Please point out what we did wrong so we can fix it on issue 2. Smiley

(Yeah I know this is a jaguar site Tongue)

SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 09:28:24 am »

Good effort there guys! Thanks for taking the time to produce somthing like this!

And since you asked for constructive comments, here's mine:

• The logo gradient colours. Change them. Please Smiley
  • No table of contents or navlinks, which makes it confusing
  • Also, if I want to skip reading an article I find it difficult to find my way to the next one. Maybe large headers would help? Anyway I think the layout needs a bit more thought
  • Also I'm curious to see how the 2nd installemnt will distinguish itself from this Smiley

Don't get me wrong - I like the mag! It's just that IMHO the presentation needs a bit more work to make it shine!

My 2 cents Cheesy

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
sh3-rg

push the button today

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 11:25:18 pm »

They are all fair comments - I think it would feel more magazine-like with those additions.

_ __sh3/reservoir_gods^reboot___ _
ChrisTOS

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 12:59:29 pm »

I agree and be sure that we take all your comments very seriously. And thank you for not being too harsh on your critique. It's nice when people point out mistakes while being encouraging at the same time. Takes some special people skills Wink
remowilliams
Tech Group

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 01:38:27 am »

I enjoyed reading it as well, nice work!  I would agree that it could use a bit of presentation work, but it was a good read.   Wink

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in. Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be." -Sam Vimes (Thud!, Terry Pratchett)
Zerosquare

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 02:23:37 am »

Oh, by the way : it looks Web 2.0. But a magazine about Atari should be pixelly, and not use more than 16 colors out of the standard palette of 512 (with the occasional exception for rainbowed rasters). And feature at last one Fuji somewhere  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length