Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2019, 02:55:49 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar ROMs
| | |-+  Getting your jaguar to read cd-rs correctly.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Getting your jaguar to read cd-rs correctly.  (Read 4107 times)
Yaguareté

« on: August 24, 2009, 06:12:52 pm »

I've tried burning this in nero http://www.u-235.co.uk/index.php?screen=downloads&part=txgcd and my jaguar cd refuses to read it.

I've also tried burning alot of commercial games that have been ripped fine using discjuggler.

all my discs have been burnt at lowest possible speed and i've tried burning on 3 different burners so i'm starting to think its the cd-rs my jaguar doesn't like so maybe the jaguar needs verbatim discs ?

I don't wanna involve piracy in this topic as i just want to come to the conclusion to why the heck my jaguar doesn't read cd-rs but it does read any audio cd just fine so obviously the laser and motor is working.

SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 12:24:10 am »

Well, the only thought that occured to me (I don't have a jagcd, so I don't know if it makes any sense) would be: Did you try different brands of CDRs? It might very well be that the JagCD is allergic to the brand you use Smiley

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
remowilliams
Tech Group

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 12:53:10 am »

There many, many incredibly crappy CDRs manufactured these days.  I highly recommend starting with a known good manufacturer such as Taiyo Yuden.  I've found them to be excellent with the old consoles.

Burning at slower speeds is not necessarily the answer either, especially the slowest speeds.  Depending on the media and the writer that can actually make things worse.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in. Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be." -Sam Vimes (Thud!, Terry Pratchett)
Thorsten Günther

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 09:49:02 pm »

Not only CD, also DVD (re-)writable media suffer from a general loss of quality. And there is even more: I have an early DVD player with a single laser pickup. It will read most CD-RWs, but hardly any CD-Rs, and it won't read several DVD (re-)writables reliably. The same problems I experienced with a Panasonic Phasewriter Dual regarding some CD-Rs, and my brother's car audio also had issues with CD-Rs (hanging/stuttering).

So I'll second and third the advice of remowilliams: try different products.

Thorsten
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 08:04:28 am by Thorsten Günther » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length