Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2019, 07:18:26 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar General Discussion
| | |-+  Your favorite Jaguar game?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Your favorite Jaguar game?  (Read 11740 times)
overlord
Free Jaguar Project Admin

FJP Administrator

« on: August 23, 2009, 10:08:32 am »

I am curious. What would you all say is your current all time favorite Jaguar game? Mine is Tempest 2000. Smiley
Mr Morden

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 10:54:16 am »

Tempest 2000

sh3-rg

push the button today

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 01:37:23 pm »

Tempest 2000

_ __sh3/reservoir_gods^reboot___ _
Zerosquare

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 02:18:50 pm »

Tempest 2000 Cheesy
kgenthe

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 04:15:40 pm »

Super Burnout!

Who knew the best Jag game would also be one of the cheapest and easiest to obtain? This game is so good for so many reasons. The graphics are awesome, 60fps without a hiccup, sprite scaling galore not seen outside the Neo Geo, amazing soundtrack, especially considering its a 4 meg cartridge. The game play is kick ass! Once you start memorizing the race tracks you can really push it, making the time attack mode fun.

I just can't say enough about this title. I was absolutely blown away the first time I played it.

jmetal88

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 07:25:27 pm »

Super Burnout!

Who knew the best Jag game would also be one of the cheapest and easiest to obtain? This game is so good for so many reasons. The graphics are awesome, 60fps without a hiccup, sprite scaling galore not seen outside the Neo Geo, amazing soundtrack, especially considering its a 4 meg cartridge. The game play is kick ass! Once you start memorizing the race tracks you can really push it, making the time attack mode fun.

I just can't say enough about this title. I was absolutely blown away the first time I played it.

Me too, dude!   Grin
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 07:51:12 pm »

I'll postpone telling, 'till the thing in Mr Morden's sig gets released Smiley

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
doctorclu

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 07:37:23 pm »

I'll postpone telling, 'till the thing in Mr Morden's sig gets released Smiley

LOL!   Yeh can see that.

Super Burnout is a good game.  And believe it or not, that is the only game I have found at the First Saturday Sidewalk sale (oh and Cybermorph).

I used to hate Cybermorph, but now it is one of my top three now.  Behind Bubsy and Doom.

Bubsy is an aquired taste.  Wink
doctorclu

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 07:43:48 am »

Ok how about a followup question to this... what is it you like about your favorite game or games?
Fredifredo

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 09:24:27 pm »

Super Burnout!

what else...
doctorclu

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 06:35:28 am »

So what hooked you to Super Burnout and who are your favorite character and bike combinations?
remowilliams
Tech Group

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 11:30:11 pm »

Hmm, absolute favorite?  Think I'll have to go with Tempest 2000.  With a spinner controller of course.   Grin

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in. Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be." -Sam Vimes (Thud!, Terry Pratchett)
kgenthe

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 04:13:51 pm »

So what hooked you to Super Burnout and who are your favorite character and bike combinations?
Well, each track has a specific bike that works the best on it based on speed, grip, and acceleration. This actually kind of ruins the championship mode as you have to stick with one bike through all of the tracks. This means you will always end up finishing near the back on a couple of races. Either way, the controls are so damn smooth that finishing dead last is still a joy!

doctorclu

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 05:06:37 pm »

So educate us, what are the best bikes to use with what tracks and why?
kgenthe

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 06:22:06 pm »

Because you asked...

America: Wheels of Terror
Australia: Killing Turtle
Brazil: Killing Turtle
Canada: Wheels of Terror
France: Super Rabbit
Germany: Wheels of Terror
Hungary: Super Rabbit
Japan: Killing Turtle

The secret Punisher bike is the best in the game, though it feels like cheating if you use it.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length