Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2019, 06:56:45 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  General Chat
| | |-+  Anime?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 6547 times)
Sauron

The Dark Lord

« on: August 14, 2009, 06:53:55 am »

Anyone here into anime? I've always enoyed plenty of anime, but wouldn't consider myself to be an "otaku". I've just found quite a bit of it entertaining. Some of my favorites include Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, Neon Genesis Evangelion (well, until about the end of the series), Ninja Scroll, and Ghost in the Shell. If you're into anime, list some of your favorites.
TheGrandPubaa

Cogito, ergo deleo.

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 07:13:41 am »

Sure, just a few off the top of my head:

Tenchi Muyo
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
Big O(the first 12 episodes, anyway...after that, it very quickly lost it's appeal)
Galaxy Express 999(the movie)
Gundam Wing

Unfortunatly, I haven't gotten to expose myself to very much new anime, and what I have seen so far(like Naruto or Bleach) hasn't really appealed.

I don't own a Jaguar anymore. Wanna give me a compelling reason to buy another one?
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 07:30:01 am »

Let's see...

Akira (well, obviously Smiley)
Ninja Boy (hilarious)
Berserk (entertaining but it got cancelled)
Astro boy (a few episodes)

Hmm, can't remember anything else right now, I'll get back to it later!

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
Mord

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 06:44:00 pm »

Unfortunatly, I haven't gotten to expose myself to very much new anime, and what I have seen so far(like Naruto or Bleach) hasn't really appealed.

I can't say anything about Bleach as I don't think I've bothered to watch even through the intro theme, but you're better off leaving Naruto alone unless you love wasting your time.

I got up to proably episode 18 of it before I got sick of how the first 5-10 minutes of each episode was a replay of the last 5-10 minutes of the previous episode (meaning you only had a 10-15 minutes of new material each episode) and I've heard others complain a LOT about the excessive filler episodes later on. I believe there was like a stretch of 50-100 filler episodes in a row at one point.  I had long since stopped watching it by then but had to put up with a year or two of people complaining about it. Wink

I've watched all the series listed by the others at one point or another and a lot more.  A sample of the series I enjoy include:

Oh My Goddess!
.hack
Comic Party
Claymore
Black Cat
xxxholic

All the same, I don't watch much anime anymore these days. Not sure if it's lack of time or lack of patience. I also collect manga of the series but haven't been picking up new series to read. In the past I'd regularly keep 4-6 series going, picking up a new series whenever a series ended, but I haven't picked up anything new in a year or so since I've been getting more and more annoyed at the manga sellers in town and their tendency to stop getting a series in to purchase (leaving me to order it online) or their failure to ensure they have enough copies brought in. (Meaning if I don't go in and get it during the first week it's out, it's usually sold out and STAYS sold out)

As a result of that, I've decided to stop collecting manga by finishing whatever series I currently have going and whenever those finish up, I'm done with manga.  I think xxxholic only has one or two more volumes to go, although series like Oh My Goddess will probably continue until the creator drops dead of old age.

remowilliams
Tech Group

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 08:30:22 pm »

No, and JRPGs make me want to hurl systems out the window.   Tongue

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in. Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be." -Sam Vimes (Thud!, Terry Pratchett)
ggn

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 08:37:52 pm »

No, and JRPGs make me want to hurl systems out the window.   Tongue

As long as it's a minimig you're throwing out, I'll send you a bundle of them Tongue
Tau_Ceti

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 02:22:13 am »

Ruruni Kenshin
Elfen Lied
Full metal Alchemist
Ghost in the shell
Death note
doctorclu

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 04:43:38 am »

LOVE Anime.  What can I say about it, I watch a lot of things anime, but mainly like the sci-fi and cute animes.  Like things like Aza Manga Dio, Fruit Basket, Pokemon, Hellsing, Star blazers, Mushi Shi, Ergo Proxi, Ninja Scrolls...

... I like some weird stuff.  And School Rumble and Chobits.  And many others.

Hey, anyone thinking of coming to Dallas in September for Anime Fest?  I plan on showing my Jaguar setup there.

TheGrandPubaa

Cogito, ergo deleo.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 03:39:58 am »

Oh yeah, how could I have possibly forgotten Gungrave?! Mobile Suit Gundam 0080(War in the Pocket) is pretty nice, too.

I don't own a Jaguar anymore. Wanna give me a compelling reason to buy another one?
doctorclu

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 07:25:30 pm »

So anyone near Dallas?  Would like to display my Jaguar setup at the Anime Fest next week.
TheGrandPubaa

Cogito, ergo deleo.

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 08:54:53 pm »

I'm in central Arkansas, sorry. Hope it turns out well, though. Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length