Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 27, 2020, 11:57:27 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Site Announcements
| |-+  Website Comments
| | |-+  Any chance we could get a "View New Posts" button? (and other questions)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any chance we could get a "View New Posts" button? (and other questions)  (Read 6971 times)
TheGrandPubaa

Cogito, ergo deleo.

« on: August 09, 2009, 01:40:48 am »

Just a minor nibble, mind you, but after spending a few years at JSII, i've grown quite fond of the "View New Posts" function...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:40:32 am by Hellcat » Logged

I don't own a Jaguar anymore. Wanna give me a compelling reason to buy another one?
overlord
Free Jaguar Project Admin

FJP Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 01:54:55 am »

That functionality is not a feature in this version of the forum software we are currently using. However, you can click the "View most recent posts" link at the bottom of the forum index. There is also a "New" link next to each post that will take you directly to the first new message since your last visit.
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 10:05:39 am »

Personally I use the RSS feed and get notified when new posts arrive without visiting the site at all - makes life easier Smiley

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
BobbyBobBob
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 07:23:58 pm »

It's been amazingly busy for a new site, I've struggled to keep up at points, you don't usually get that on a Jaguar forum unless there's the flames of hellfire involved  Roll Eyes
doctorclu

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 03:45:23 am »

TRue true... there has been a lot of excitement.  Has it only been one week?  Two weeks?

Anyway, how does one tap into the RSS feed?  And can you reply to a RSS feed you receive?

I think for now I'm just having FreeJag notify me by E-mail when updates hit threads I post on.
overlord

FJP Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 04:36:41 am »

Anyway, how does one tap into the RSS feed?  And can you reply to a RSS feed you receive?

You can access the RSS feed for the website by clicking on the RSS icon in your web browser. RSS is supported in every major web browser. You can receive an RSS subscription by going to this website and then clicking on your RSS button, which will appear in the address bar in Firefox or to the right of your tabs in Internet Explorer. You can then subscribe to the page to receive your subscription automatically.

You can reply to posts through your RSS subscription, but it does take you to the forum website when you do.
overlord

FJP Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 03:20:40 am »

I am not sure if that functionality is in this version of the forum software. I will look into it sometime after my own birthday passes.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length