Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2019, 07:11:09 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar ROMs
| | |-+  List of Banned Games
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: List of Banned Games  (Read 35019 times)
overlord
Free Jaguar Project Admin

FJP Administrator

« on: August 08, 2009, 11:38:26 pm »

Here is my initial list of ROMs and CD images that are not to be discussed in any way, shape, or form here on the Free Jaguar Project forums. All of these are games that have been produced and/or publsihed by homebrew developers since the end of the classic era of the Jaguar. Also, please keep in mind that this list is not comprehensive, nor is it final. I will keep this list updated as new homebrew games are released, or games that have been determined for one reason or another to be off-limits to discussion. If you notice any errors or corrections that need to be made, please send me a PM or email me at overlord@atari.org. If you are a developer or publisher and you wish to add a game that is not on this list or have one removed, please contact me ASAP and I will make the correction immediately.

Game                               Media       Publisher

BattleSphere                       Cart        Scato/4play
BattleSphere Gold                  Cart        Scato/4play
Frog Feast                         Cart        Songbird
Hyper Force                        Cart        Songbird
Phase Zero                         Cart        Songbird
Protector                          Cart        Songbird
Protector: Special Edition         Cart        Songbird
Skyhammer                          Cart        Songbird
Soccer Kid                         Cart        Songbird
Total Carnage                      Cart        Songbird
GORF Classic                       CD          3DS
Mad Bodies                         Cart        Force Design
Painter SE                         Cart        Indie, numbered
Ocean Depths                       CD          Starcat
JagMind: Bomb Squad                CD          Starcat
Lost Treasures                     CD          Starcat
Double Feature #1                  CD          MD Games
Painter                            CD          Sinister Developments

« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:37:00 pm by SpiderJerusalem » Logged
TheGrandPubaa

Cogito, ergo deleo.

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 11:40:14 pm »

I am doubtful this list will do much good in the grand scheme of things, but it's a nice start nevertheless. Here's to thinking positively!

I don't own a Jaguar anymore. Wanna give me a compelling reason to buy another one?
BobbyBobBob
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 11:46:31 pm »

If you are a developer or publisher and you wish to add a game that is not on this list or have one removed, please contact me ASAP and I will make the correction immediately.

It would be really nice to see some people step up & have them removed & open for discussion etc.
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 11:49:47 pm »

I am doubtful this list will do much good in the grand scheme of things, but it's a nice start nevertheless. Here's to thinking positively!

Why not? People see any game from the list get discussed here and we didn't notice, they notify us, we delete and act appropriately regarding the user.

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
TheGrandPubaa

Cogito, ergo deleo.

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 11:51:24 pm »

I just meant in the broader sense. It will probably do little to allay the concerns or perturbation of some people i've seen.

Anyway, like I said, it's a good step.

I don't own a Jaguar anymore. Wanna give me a compelling reason to buy another one?
BobbyBobBob
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 12:03:49 am »

I just meant in the broader sense. It will probably do little to allay the concerns or perturbation of some people i've seen.

Anyway, like I said, it's a good step.

It's a long road, maybe one day we can look back at these early days & wonder why it didn't happen sooner : here's hoping!
overlord

FJP Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 12:25:03 am »

Agreed!  Grin  I think we all want to be fair to the current developers while still allowing the rest of us to freely enjoy the Jaguar!
Cyrano Jones

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 12:52:44 am »

I'd like to clarify if the games on that list can be discussed openly as games - obviously not as objects of dissection.

Eg, "That Painter SE is a great game. And the author has released the source code as well. Fantastic!"
overlord

FJP Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 12:55:12 am »

Yes, games can be discussed simply as games. What we do not wish to see is discussion of them being used in any illegal manner. You can say you're playing the game that you legally own just fine. Just do not say that you are playing it via emulation or that you are extracting game assets from the ROM, or anything else along those lines.
songbird

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 03:50:18 am »

FYI, the rights to Frog Feast on the Jaguar are owned by Songbird. For other games & discs published by Songbird, please check out the Songbird site http://songbird-productions.com .
overlord

FJP Administrator

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 04:29:48 am »

FYI, the rights to Frog Feast on the Jaguar are owned by Songbird. For other games & discs published by Songbird, please check out the Songbird site http://songbird-productions.com .

Thank you very much, Carl! I have added another title of yours that I noticed was not originally on the list. If you notice any more games missing, please let me know!
doctorclu

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 06:58:46 am »

Carl, welcome aboard, and thanks for clarifying the list a bit more Overlord.
Jagwarefan
trouble maker
losers

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 08:28:16 pm »

why games are illegal? roms are to play the game on pc through emulator? nintendo has roms on wii. i am lost. jaguar is old system and many system do not work now so how else to play game other than rom?
Hellcat
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 08:34:53 pm »

why games are illegal? roms are to play the game on pc through emulator? nintendo has roms on wii. i am lost. jaguar is old system and many system do not work now so how else to play game other than rom?

Those are different systems.

Piracy is illegal and it's like counterfit tickets to a concert going on now. Just because they are being sold doesn't mean it's right.
The developers are currently programming games and it's important to respect that just like copying cds or dvds you don't have and selling them for another example. Please read the forum guidelines if you haven't already.

I posted a link to a tested working system and there are others out there. You can buy the new games directly from the people making them using the links provided. The new games will work on the original system.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:38:33 pm by Hellcat » Logged
overlord

FJP Administrator

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 02:49:40 am »

Updated the list with the following games, per request:

Ocean Depths                       CD                       Starcat
JagMind : BombSquad           CD                       Starcat
Lost Treasures                      CD                       Starcat
Double Feature  #1               CD                      MD Games
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »