Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2019, 07:12:04 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar Development
| | |-+  Converting CoJag roms into regular Jaguar rom - is it possible?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Converting CoJag roms into regular Jaguar rom - is it possible?  (Read 13285 times)
sergi

« on: August 08, 2009, 04:46:54 am »

What developers think about it?
CoJag is an arcade machine based on Jaguar hardware and has own exclusive several games

Here you may see it:
http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=778
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 07:21:50 am by Overlord » Logged
Cyrano Jones

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 05:07:12 am »

I think a few of the CoJag games use a MIPS R3000 CPU as the host instead of a MC68000 - so these can't be made to work.
sergi

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 06:59:11 am »

Area 51 based on M68K so may be working I think
Sauron

The Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 07:13:19 am »

Area 51 uses a 68030 processor, IIRC, and also had a boatload more RAM. It would take a hell of a lot of work to get it working in any way on a Jag console.
sergi

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 07:44:05 am »

I like their games - they have Video on Background - very interesting feature

Yes - they have and hardware, I will try to port them anyway Smiley
doctorclu

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 02:23:57 pm »

So what theories do you have so far Sergi?

I've always invisioned a cartridge board with a 68030 processor in it, and any other added chips between the Jag and Co-Jag, redirecting the processes to look at the 68030 on the "Daughterboard"/cartridge.

Then for Area 51... somehow hacking light guns....

« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 05:17:44 pm by doctorclu » Logged
sergi

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 08:13:35 pm »

May be possible to recreate some CoJag games, not hack for jaguar
Anyway this direction I like.
GT Turbo

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 07:22:33 am »

I like their games - they have Video on Background - very interesting feature

That's a thing we can do with JagCF !! Perhaps we can port Cojag games on JagCF Smiley

GT Turbo
BobbyBobBob
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 07:47:24 pm »

That's a thing we can do with JagCF !! Perhaps we can port Cojag games on JagCF Smiley

Well I heard that there is no such thing as a JagCF & that it is a kind of smokescreen  Undecided

What is the status of this project - does it actually exist or is it all theory?

ps. not meaning to be rude or anything, just letting you know what some folks say s'all
GT Turbo

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 08:58:12 pm »

Well I heard that there is no such thing as a JagCF & that it is a kind of smokescreen  Undecided

What is the status of this project - does it actually exist or is it all theory?

ps. not meaning to be rude or anything, just letting you know what some folks say s'all

Hi,

Look at this nice photos :

http://www.jagware.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=663&view=findpost&p=10863

This nice add-on exist, look this video ( start from minutes 4 and 20 seconds) you will see a video in streaming from the CF !!

http://zerosquare.free.fr/jagcf_ac2007.avi

GT Smiley
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:13:33 pm by GT Turbo » Logged
doctorclu

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 09:42:43 pm »

And gentlemen, one humble request, please no ribbing the Compact Flash project, we have seen more than enough of that on other places.   I want here to keep lite and fun.

I say for FJP, let people dream large, even express what they have in mind tons of times before it happens, and who knows, might given others a chance to give a needed part of the project that was missing before.

But let people dream, to talk, and when it comes out, it comes out.

Like the Co-Jag possibiliity.  Sure there are some hurdles to overcome.  The basic theory is, the Co-Jag has the Jaguar as a foundation.  That's a start.

There are processes in the 68030 that do not exist in the 68000.  Ok.  What are those, and how can we make those prossesses possible?

Let's narrow it down together.  If people want to try something here, let's give our support.

So far it has been good around here, and seeing the CF project brought up, just wanted to ask that we keep that positive as well.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 12:43:12 am by doctorclu » Logged
overlord
Free Jaguar Project Admin

FJP Administrator

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 09:47:11 pm »

You will not find any ribbing of the JagCF project here! I fully stand behind the JagWare team and will gladly purchase the JagCF once it is available!

Those pictures and video look nice.  Grin
BobbyBobBob
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 09:54:12 pm »

You will not find any ribbing of the JagCF project here! I fully stand behind the JagWare team and will gladly purchase the JagCF once it is available!

Those pictures and video look nice.  Grin

Wow, yes, it looks great!
remowilliams
Tech Group

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 10:06:14 pm »

Now that would be awesome!    Grin

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in. Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be." -Sam Vimes (Thud!, Terry Pratchett)
Mr Morden

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 01:46:08 am »

Hmmm... sounds great.

We could probably do a Project One Deluxe Edition on CF!  (And distro the source code at the same time!)

YUMMM!!!! BRING IT ON!!!!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length