Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 28, 2020, 12:18:11 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Site Announcements
| |-+  Website Comments
| | |-+  FJP: "That Fun Atari Feel..."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: FJP: "That Fun Atari Feel..."  (Read 14734 times)
remowilliams
Tech Group

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 08:20:09 pm »

You know what the Jaguar can now do that no other Atari system can?
Cause a few people to utterly lose their grasp on reality?   Tongue   Grin

It'll be a good day when the Jag finally gets to that point of freedom and fun that it's older siblings have enjoyed over the years.   Wink

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in. Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be." -Sam Vimes (Thud!, Terry Pratchett)
Tau_Ceti

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 10:44:48 pm »

Some people elsewhere prefer to see things the same as if it were still 1999 not 2009. Thing move on, systems die out - move with the times or fade into obscurity! FJP is probably a frightening place for those oldtimers who want to keep their tight grip, but for most people it's a breath of fresh air.

1999? I think you are at least 5 years too late. Think 1994 and you are set.  This shouldn't have been an issue in 2009...
doctorclu

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 08:25:57 am »

True.  I dunno, in a  lot of ways I'm happy to enjoy the Jaguar for what it does best, which at the moment is being a Supercharged Super NES.  Smiley    That is how I feel about the ports.  Don't mind people porting games to the Jaguar as long as they are fun.   I find myself trying to accept the Jaguar for what it is.   Then again, we have the Wii right now, and that is hardly bleeding edge tech for 2009, but still a blast.

Guess I'm not too picky as long as it's fun is my point.
carmel_andrews

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 03:15:31 pm »

I think i have figured out what FJP meant.....thought you'd actually made a typo and meant to say FTP (similar)

Nice to see some familiar faces here, nice to see that we can discuss things in a frank/honest and intelligent fashion

Shame that i sold my jaggie stuff around about 2000 (which incl. 10 boxed games and 3 unboxed games, including a full AVP, ie manual, overlays etc, which i was told was kind of rare because most people tend to lose overlays), i did enjoy the emulation, however because chkdisk deleted everything on my biggie hd...about 250 gigs of emulation stuff (as mentioned elsewhere) i just haven't gotten back into things,also because i can''t stand the pc joy/game pads (reminds me of why i never liked the nes/snes/md etc)

Perhaps we can see some more games like a proper port of defender, star raiders, pacman, turrican, great giana sisters...or if someone can hack more cd/dvd devices for the jaggie...i would'nt say no to a tomb raider type game or something like unreal or quake III (i do have quake iv-budget version, on PC but have'nt bothered installing it)

In regards to emulation, perhaps if the person who wrote the jagulator emulator is still contactable perhaps someone here can get the source code and merge it with something like virtual jaguar (which i believe sources are available unless i was dreaming it last time i visited their w/s which was a long time ago) and improve that emulation we could be on the way not only to a decent jaguar emulator, but one that also lends itself to games development, as i recall that jagulator also featured a programming developing facility or environment
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 03:17:04 pm by carmel_andrews » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length