Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2019, 01:58:45 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar ROMs
| | |-+  An apology to the readers...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: An apology to the readers...  (Read 7752 times)
doctorclu

« on: August 07, 2009, 11:06:34 pm »

I believe some of you deserve an explanation. And apology.

I originally posted this on Jaguar Sector 2, but felt that for those readers that I should post this here as well.

This board (FreeJag) is trying to find how it wants to approach the subject matter that it discusses. It is not the intent of FreeJag to point the way to places that have images of works recently developed in the Jaguar community.

It is the goal of FreeJag to point people to great resources.

It is to the credit of Overlord and the FreeJag moderators that they removed the original link posted by a website owner. I asked them about it they gave reasons and possible solutions on how the other material could be presented. I misinterpreted what was said. It is to their credit again that they edited MY message. And I have since gone back to say that the website has some good legal materials to present, and maybe we'll find a way to make THOSE possible at some point. Still no link provided at this point.

FreeJag never endorsed links pointing to the site that has current questionable images. It's a shame he has those there, it's a good site. He's got some good information of taking the BJL loader and combining BJL programs to make flash card images. Maybe we can feature those on another server away from the link that many are concerned about.

Overall, my message did not come off with what I intended, and I am sorry to Gorf, to Thunderbird, and anyone else that message might have offended. Again, that message and the way it was posted was my foopah, not FreeJag's.
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 11:11:37 pm »

Aww, who can stay mad at a tiger that roars, hunts, climbs, eats, washes and sleeps? Smiley

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
overlord
Free Jaguar Project Admin

FJP Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 11:15:45 pm »

doctorclu, it is hard to fault you for doing what you thought would be ok on here. You are not in any trouble for your previous post. We are still working on smoothing out everything to help prevent any confusion over what is and what is not allowed. Your apology has been noted, although hardly necessary. Smiley
doctorclu

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 11:19:08 pm »

Aww, who can stay mad at a tiger that roars, hunts, climbs, eats, washes and sleeps? Smiley

LOL!  Thanks I needed that.

doctorclu, it is hard to fault you for doing what you thought would be ok on here. You are not in any trouble for your previous post. We are still working on smoothing out everything to help prevent any confusion over what is and what is not allowed. Your apology has been noted, although hardly necessary. Smiley

Appreciate that.  Only real concern is I know what we are trying to do here, just didn't want to reflect badly for those out there reading this place.  Just trying to make it clear the way that message was initially taken was not what this place is about.
Hellcat
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 11:50:21 pm »

Thank you for that.
Cyrano Jones

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 12:03:44 pm »

Wow, they certainly love you over there! It's ok, they love me too ;-)

You didn't deserve any of the backlash (Hey, now there's a great game from Mr Woakes!) they threw at you, Clu - so don't fell sorry about it.
Sauron

The Dark Lord

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 12:05:32 pm »

Alright, I've gotta say this, because this is really bothering me.

I've known doctorclu for a long time now, since before either of us were on AtariAge. He's been in the Jaguar scene for a long time, as well as I. During that entire time, I have not known any single Jaguar fan who has had genuine enthusiasm for the console like him.

I helped organize several JagFest events in the past. Back in 2002, I remember him making a 10 hour drive each way from Dallas to St. Louis just to spend a few hours at JagFest. If that's not dedication to a console, I don't know what is. A year later in 2003, when I ran the JagFest On Tour at AGE, doctorclu was there, lending a HUGE helping hand. If it wasn't for him, things would not have gone nearly as well. To top it off, he was there simply as a fan. He had no commitment to helping out with it. He helped because he was a genuine Jaguar fan and was willing to give of himself for the sake of the community. His enthusiasm brought in many people who would not have otherwise given even a sideways glance towards the Jaguar.

His commitment and enthusiam hasn't just been limited to the Jag, either. He's had his hands in just about every Atari system and has been heavily involved in the communities for each of them. He ran his JYBOLAC club for years, holding multiple weekly online chats. I don't think you could find anyone at those chats who attended them as faithfully as he did.

The lashing he is receiving over what he is apologizing for is simply inexcusable. Most of the people lashing out at him haven't given nearly as much to the community as he has. I normally don't let stuff in the Jag community bother me on a personal level, but the lashing he received really is bothering me. He deserves none of it, and the community as a whole is doing a great disservice to someone who has given so much of their time and effort towards its betterment.

Anyways, I just had to say my piece. This isn't Sauron the moderator at AA speaking, or even Sauron the Jag fan who holds his own opinions on how the Jag community should be. This is the person behind that screen name who sees a diehard Jaguar fan he knows personally being treated unfairly. Doc, you owe NO ONE an apology.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 12:07:23 pm by Sauron » Logged
doctorclu

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 05:01:54 pm »

I really appreciate that.  Wow.  Smiley

Overall, what I tried to present did not come across the way as intended, the link was removed by the moderators here, I've apologized, and as you know, it is really up to them to forgive at that point.

I briefly looked over what was said about me, more of a tyrade than anything calling me everything under the sun.  I knew I would be blacklisted when I spoke up to give the other side about this site in the FreeJag thread on JS2.  Many seemed to take it in and it helped them understand more about this place, which was good.   I knew this place would be blacklisted.  Neither really bothered me.  But I did want to make it clear that the way my message came across was not the way this place decided to run.

Anyway, corrections have been made, apologies given, and so forth.

One reason that comments made do not bother me so much, on JS2 I was always talked about in the third person.  "There was this guy, Doctor Clu, who traded two early Jaguar Dev units for two catboxes."   I eventually found the message, and even responded to it.  Despite being a long time user, and my casual questions on how the old dev units were doing, it was like I was not there.

And when my questionable message came up, was I innocent until proven guilty?  Nope.  Guilty, and all the string of names that followed.   Roll Eyes

Hey they were not my friends to begin with.  I get that.  A friend would have asked "What was this about?" first rather than just jumping to the shouting and name calling.

But on the same token, I could see where they would read that and be upset.  I explained and apologized because they deserved that much.

And I explained that foopah was mine, not FreeJag's.

In the end, my friends are my friends, and I thank you for being as such.   Kiss 
TheGrandPubaa

Cogito, ergo deleo.

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 11:26:42 pm »

I don't know "the whole story"(tm), but from what i've seen so far, this whole situation has just been blown completely out of proportion. It's nothing to lose sleep over.

I don't own a Jaguar anymore. Wanna give me a compelling reason to buy another one?
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 11:52:52 pm »

Doc, got any more dev kits left? Wink

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
BobbyBobBob
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 12:01:58 am »

It's just another chapter in the long history of abuse handed out to genuine people by a minority who insist they do the Jaguar world a great service; the reality is less pretty.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length