Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2019, 06:34:40 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar Development
| | |-+  Jaguar Development Docs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Jaguar Development Docs  (Read 15848 times)
GroovyBee

Busy bee!

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 02:42:54 pm »

Thanks for the link and the welcome. I'm not into magnum opus projects or 3D in particular so don't expect anything along those lines. Its also a long time since I did any serious 68000 coding.

You don't need either to make a great, fun game. In fact, throughout history, its my opinion that most of the utterly un-fun games were in 3D. Look at the Saturn, nearly all the 2D games are great, and the vast majority of the 3D ones suck and only use 3D because "look, it's in 3D".

Yep! Theres lots of fun to be had with 2D.

If you need some help with 68000 just shout out here, I'm sure someone will assist.

Cool I still have my DevPac 2 for the ST around here someplace.
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 02:54:24 pm »

If you need some help with 68000 just shout out here, I'm sure someone will assist.

Cool I still have my DevPac 2 for the ST around here someplace.

If you want help gathering devtools, we'd be more than happy to assist you Smiley

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
GroovyBee

Busy bee!

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 03:28:38 pm »

If you want help gathering devtools, we'd be more than happy to assist you Smiley
Cool Thanks for the offer. I've still got a few Atari 7800 homebrew projects to get out of the door before the jag gets a look in.
carmel_andrews

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009, 03:20:27 pm »

Perhaps we should extend this forum to discussing all aspects of programming at all levels i.e from people that wouldn't know an LDA from an STA (or whatever the 68xxx equiv is) right upto your jeff minter/Doug Neubauer types and anything in between, and not just coding, but also how to construct music/sound, graphics etc as well as discussion of software based hardware tricks (like you commonly hear discussed on the A8 and commie 64 platforms)

Perhpas you could turn it into the jaguar equivalent of csdb for the c64

And also to discuss hardware projects as well, including introducing people into hardware projects

After all, wasn't atari's original premise for the jaguar that it was a games machine that also provided capabilities beyond just gaming (i believe the term 'multimedia' was used, but i like to look beyond that)

Lets give the jaggie what it really needs, more support and more power...give it back it's ROAR
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 09:20:06 pm »

Perhpas you could turn it into the jaguar equivalent of csdb for the c64

Carmel,

Everything else you wrote is up for discussion as far as I'm concerned but the sentence I quoted above. I've heard from trustworthy people in the c64 scene that csdb has a very bad reputation, at least the database part.

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
carmel_andrews

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 07:58:55 pm »

Oops, I did'nt realise that, just thought they were popular

There again i did say 'equivalent'. but for the jaguar community (i.e similar content/format etc but without the issues and prob's of the csdb people)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length