Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 16, 2019, 10:14:31 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar ROMs
| | |-+  Loading ROMS and other stuff.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Loading ROMS and other stuff.  (Read 12241 times)
doctorclu

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 05:44:05 am »

On the plus side, if you tried to burn an eprom cartridge for the Jaguar, you are looking at less than $40 in parts now.  The cartridge board is like $20 at B&C, the eproms are not that much now last I checked.

The expensive part is eprom burner.  By the time you bought that, you could have bought a flash card, or Alpine.

You know my dad made a static ram cart for the 2600.  I have always wondered if a kit could be made to make a static ram cart for the Jaguar?   basically a cartridge that holds an image in battery backed storage, till you turn off the power on the cart.
sergi

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 07:08:34 am »

Static RAM is very expensive until now

There is not SRAM but FRAM - it uses non batery memory - you put some information and it lays there for 20 years - magnetic effect used.

You should replece your SRAM onto FRAM - it cost much more - but if you turn off your console, game stays in cart.

Jaguar has 4-6 megabytes for cart - parallel memory is very expensive - I dont remember, but it can cost and $50 and more per chip, and chip can hold 512 or 1024 kilobytes not more.

You may calculate how much it wiil be. Wink
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 12:10:25 pm »

I have a friend who has made some EEPROM burners of his own (from freely available schematics on the internet). I discussed it with him yesterday and he was interested. I'll try to have a chat with him today, and if we manage it, I'll definitely post a guide here. (Oh, he said it won't be that complex or costly to achieve Smiley)

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
BobbyBobBob
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 02:22:35 pm »

I have a friend who has made some EEPROM burners of his own (from freely available schematics on the internet). I discussed it with him yesterday and he was interested. I'll try to have a chat with him today, and if we manage it, I'll definitely post a guide here. (Oh, he said it won't be that complex or costly to achieve Smiley)

I'm very interested!  Grin
sergi

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 08:05:10 pm »

I've made my own UniProg - it allows you to flash or burn many different storages such FLASHes of Intel and AMD, EPROMS and FRAMs
It has USB Interface - the remark, speed of burning twice faster that Willem, and Willem has old LPT interface which often is missed in new generation PC machines. Willem also has stupid wires and smart switches - UniProg doesn have them - only quality pleasure

EPROMS: DIP42, DIP32, FLASH: TSOP 48

it will cost $200 - who wants this thing?

Can make Jaguar EPROM reprogrammer cart

Everything was made ONLY FOR MAKING YOUR OWN GAMES, DO NOT download commercial or homebrew roms from piracy sites Shocked

And one more remark - professional USB multifunctional programmer costs about $1000 Wink

Also It has SEGA MD Slot and SNES Slot for insertion different converters for different types of storages.
Complect has TSOP 48 converter and DIP 42 - for Jaguar it is enough

Other converters - in fact only one costs $30 - this is for DIP 32 and PLCC 32 - may be used for different 8bit conloses - dont know
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 08:43:26 pm by Hellcat » Logged
doctorclu

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 10:08:14 pm »

That's interesting.  This is a UniProg that you made?  Is this something you are replacing, or just something you would make many of?
sergi

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 04:36:33 am »

This device was made for my using - I needed to flash size above 4 megabytes, my old willem didnt allow it -  only 4 megabytes support. And it always has problem with their connectors - many pins, many different wires and switches - I've sad.
If I make some money with UniProg - it would be great, but at first it would be nice to return my money spended on it developing Smiley

UniProg is completely my device - USB used own driver, not smth like COM or LPT via USB - but only for Windows. In general this is very useful device - was made for me.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 04:40:15 am by sergi » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length