Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2019, 08:03:40 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar ROMs
| | |-+  Roms on CD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Roms on CD  (Read 3621 times)
The Ham

« on: August 02, 2009, 06:00:16 am »

I was reading this post http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128678&hl=cd and was thinking this would be the ultimate way to run ROMs on the Jag. Coding a front end to allow the JagCD to load the rom file into cart address space would rock. It would be almost like loading roms into the 2600 SuperCharger. If I new how to code I would do this.
sergi

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 06:49:59 am »

If rom is uploading into memory and than playing it can be on CD, BJL or Cart
If rom is played from cart - it cant be uploaded from CD - address mismatch

Mostly homebrew games and demos making for RAM - such in PC - upload game from diskette or, hard disk or CD, DVD, FLASH, any storage.
Think that it is right. But Jaguar RAM only 2 Megabytes so it cant be big rom, 'cause it has to be shared with other different data - coordinate, positions, colors, music and other data of game.
The Ham

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 10:50:18 pm »

Sorry for the late reply on the topic. I was actually refrerring directly to this post http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=128678&view=findpost&p=1553400
Also does the Jag CD work like the Sega CD with its own memory or is it more like an adapter to allow CDs to run through the cartridge port.
overlord
Free Jaguar Project Admin

FJP Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 12:02:34 am »

Also does the Jag CD work like the Sega CD with its own memory or is it more like an adapter to allow CDs to run through the cartridge port.

Jaguar CD is more like the latter. It does not include any extra memory or processing power.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length