Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2019, 06:25:56 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar ROMs
| | |-+  Wanted - Jaguar CD ripping guide
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Wanted - Jaguar CD ripping guide  (Read 54969 times)
Hellcat
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 10:46:39 am »

Seconded. Definitely support Songbird, Starcat, Sinister and other Homebrewers who put a lot of hard work, time, and dedication into publishing new games for the Jaguar Community to enjoy. Please purchase their games directly and not download free Roms. They deserve that respect in return for all they do. Thank You.

To the best of my knowledge, the following games listed in sergi's post are considered off-limits, as they are homebrew releases:

Frog Feast CD
Jaguar Source Code Collection CD
JagMIND: Bomb Squad CD (Starcat Developments)
Lost Treasures CD
Painter CD (Sinister Developments)
Painter SE CD
Ocean Depths CD (Starcat/Songbird)

I believe all of these should be available for purchase for quite reasonable prices from the publishers. If I am mistaken in this then please let me know.

In the meantime, I am still working on a list so as to help prevent any further confusion on this matter.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 11:04:55 am by Hellcat » Logged
User42

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 02:10:45 pm »

What version of Disc Juggler is that?

Grin
theterrible

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 06:23:20 pm »

Dude, WTF.  So this forum has turned from "informational" into asking for illegal copies of games?
I thought stuff like this was going to be thwarted?

The following can be purchased from MyAtari:

American Hero Gamefilm Demo CD
Atari The Big Disk test disk and Demo CD
Caves of Fear Gamefilm Demo CD
Demolition Man Demo CD
Formula 1 Racer 2 CD
Primal Rage Master Backup CD
Varuna's Force 2 CD

Robinson's Requiem CD has never been released, so why even ask for it?

Jaguar Source Code Collection CD is for sale at JS2.

The following can be purchased from StarCat:

JagMIND: Bomb Squad CD (Starcat Developments)
Lost Treasures CD
Ocean Depths CD (Starcat/Songbird)

Frog Feast CD can be purchased from Songbird Productions.

Painter CD (Sinister Developments)
Painter SE CD
are out of print, but they're still homebrew efforts.  Out of print does not mean "ok to distribute copies of."

Why is this guy not banned yet?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 07:29:06 pm by Overlord » Logged
songbird

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 06:38:01 pm »

Who has these Atari Jaguar CD Games? Could he make images of them and give me?
Please do not post Songbird cartridge/CD ROMs on a website, nor exchange any such ROMs with other people, without express written permission from Songbird. No such permission has been given for any Songbird game to date.

If you have any Songbird ROMs posted on a website, please remove them immediately. If you are unsure which ROMs belong to Songbird, just ask and I will help you out.

Regards,

Carl @ Songbird Productions
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 06:44:23 pm »

Who has these Atari Jaguar CD Games? Could he make images of them and give me?
Please do not post Songbird cartridge/CD ROMs on a website, nor exchange any such ROMs with other people, without express written permission from Songbird. No such permission has been given for any Songbird game to date.

If you have any Songbird ROMs posted on a website, please remove them immediately. If you are unsure which ROMs belong to Songbird, just ask and I will help you out.

Regards,

Carl @ Songbird Productions

Amen! I'm sure I speak for the rest of the mod team, anyway I'll personally deal with anyone mentioning doing something illegal with your commercial offerings.

And welcome aboard Carl, hope you enjoy your stay Smiley
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 06:45:55 pm by SpiderJerusalem » Logged

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 06:55:51 pm »

Do we go around telling you how to do things?

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
overlord
Free Jaguar Project Admin

FJP Administrator

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2009, 07:31:18 pm »

I will reiterate this again. Free Jaguar Project does NOT allow the posting of links or support in any way of downloading or distributing ROM images of homebrew releases. Any further violations of this policy will result in the offender being banned from this website.
theterrible

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009, 09:15:45 pm »

You misunderstand me, SpiderJerusalem and I apologize for it.

I was seriously asking why he hadn't been banned when the rules were clear to me that any infraction after the 1st would be dealt with.

It is obviously not my place to tell you how to do things.  I was wondering why he was being given so much leeway given the site's own mission statement, but I will not make that mistake again.
It's your forum and the admin/mods are free to do with it as you/they please.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:21:34 pm by theterrible » Logged
overlord
Free Jaguar Project Admin

FJP Administrator

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2009, 09:24:42 pm »

The member in question has already been warned and has agreed to cooperate with us and abide by the forum rules. Since this forum is still new, we understand that there may be confusion in regards to what is permitted and what is not. However, any further violations of the rules from this point forward will result in the offender being banned. We do sincerely wish to provide a common ground between the openness of the system and the rights of current homebrew developers.
Hellcat
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2009, 09:26:13 pm »

I would like to add that The rules and guidelines have also been amended to make what is permissible and what is not more clear. It would be suggested that anyone who is currently posting to reread them to familiarize themselves with those changes. As the site grows and develops, if more is needed, then that will be addressed at that time as well.

Thank you. Again, We do take the concerns and rights of developers and homebrew authors seriously and I would also like to extend a welcome to Songbird for joining this community.

You misunderstand me, SpiderJerusalem and I apologize for it.

I was seriously asking why he hadn't been banned when the rules were clear to me that any infraction after the 1st would be dealt with.

It is obviously not my place to tell you how to do things.  I didn't tell you that you better ban him, but was wondering why he was being given so much leeway given the site's own mission statement, but I will not make that mistake again.
It's your forum and the admin/mods are free to do with it as you/they please.  You won't hear a peep more out of me regarding this user.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:28:14 pm by Hellcat » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length