Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2019, 08:04:00 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar ROMs
| | |-+  Converting .ccd/.nrg to .cdi ???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Converting .ccd/.nrg to .cdi ???  (Read 13669 times)
User42

« on: August 01, 2009, 10:22:53 pm »

I would like to convert some Jaguar CD images from .ccd (and one .nrg) to .cdi, which are used by the emulator Project Tempest. Are there any programs that can do this?

I did try to burn and then re-rip "Myst (Demo)" to see if that would work. But problem is, I can only test it in the emulator and it only gives me a black screen. I can't tell if that means that I got a bad copy or if the emulator just doesn't play that game. Does ripping from a burned cdr even yeild a working image??

Any help is appereciated.
The Ham

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 05:42:47 am »

http://dcisozone.com/downloads/1276/CDI-to-NRG.html This will convert CDI to NRG. This site also has a bunch of other cd buring and converting tools.
User42

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 05:55:02 am »

I want to go the other direction... Wink
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 09:49:14 am »

I would like to convert some Jaguar CD images from .ccd (and one .nrg) to .cdi, which are used by the emulator Project Tempest. Are there any programs that can do this?

A more generic way is to use Daemon Tools to mount the image (regardless of the format) and image the virtual drive with a program that supports the format you need (.cdi is diskjuggler IIRC?)

Hope this helps!

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
User42

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 04:26:57 pm »

Yeah but for some reason I can't seem to mount the the .ccd's. I tried with 3 different virtual drive programs and they all give me errors like this

But I know the images are good...I can burn it and hundreds of other people have burned them and play them on their Jaguars so why can't I open them? I don't know.
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 04:44:45 pm »

Slysoft is offering its own tool for mounting CCD images. http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

Can you give this a try?

Other than that I seem to remember that .CCD files had an accompaning .SUB file for subchannel data (I could be totally wrong here, it's been years!). Maybe you're missing something like that?

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
User42

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 06:36:27 pm »

Thanks alot, I will try out the Slysoft program later, when I get a chance.

Clone CD images have three files (.ccd, .img, and .sub) and I do have them all.
Thanks for the input but I am sure the images that I am starting with are good. They come from a reputable sorce and have been tested many times by other people.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 06:39:06 pm by User42 » Logged
User42

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 04:52:08 am »

Well for a second there I thought we had it....
The Virtual Clonedrive loads the .ccd's right up, they look good in explorer.....But DiskJuggler can't read it, it just shows me this error.

BTW, DiskJuggler has no problem reading a .nrg mounted in MagicISO, just the .ccd's are giving me problems. Undecided

Thanks again for pointing me to Virtual Clonedrive, even if it didn't solve all my problems.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length