Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2019, 06:43:57 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar ROMs
| | |-+  List of available ROMs?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: List of available ROMs?  (Read 40625 times)
overlord
Free Jaguar Project Admin

FJP Administrator

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009, 01:45:16 am »

A list is a list is a list. I would not see why anyone would be concerned about such a thing.
doctorclu

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2009, 05:31:43 am »

So one would ask, what do we do the list once we have it?

I think it is good to know, for example, what roms can be played under emulation, and what emulators run then.

We know that Battlesphere is off limits to talk about on the Skunkboard as requested by the developers.  Fine, so how about dicussing the other more classic images?  How about Raiden?  Does Brutal Sports run on the Skunk, etc?

If we establish that these rom images exist, would we feel ok in feel who own the originals having a copy of the image given to them?  I believe under emulation it is usually agreed it is alright to have a backup if you own the original.

Some basic starting questions.
remowilliams
Tech Group

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2009, 05:42:10 am »

So one would ask, what do we do the list once we have it?

I think the next steps are to start adding compatibility findings, setting notes, etc. for emulators and hardware that can run the images.  For everything that would be in line with the site charter (which amazingly some non forum members seem to be not comprehending whatsoever) of course.   Wink

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in. Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be." -Sam Vimes (Thud!, Terry Pratchett)
BobbyBobBob
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2009, 02:15:27 pm »

We know that Battlesphere is off limits to talk about on the Skunkboard as requested by the developers. 

The developers (well, one of them at least) often mentions the tireless work, the long hours & the VALUABLE CONTRIBUTION TO CHARITY. That has to be respected.

But in these times, when we have skunk boards, & considering the possibilities of earning even more money for charity - how great would it be to sell a digital version for skunk boards & alpines & whatever else could be made to load it!

That way many more Jaguar fans could get to play the game, a good cause would be served, it sounds like win-win to me! I don't know now many skunks are running around in the wild, but imagine say 200x $100 digital downloads! That's a serious amount of money to good causes! It's certainly better than seeing the games change hands for all kind of money without the charities seeing a cent.

But I'm sure this must have occurred to people before me, before today, and maybe this isn't the place to suggest it now.

Moderators: Feel free to move this to somewhere more suitable if you think it's out of place here, just had to jot it down when I thought of it.
doctorclu

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2009, 11:15:57 pm »

Actually that is not a bad opening idea.

What could work for them, and maybe a lot of other games up and coming is to have a means give people an image, and a way to enter a set code with it.  Like a patch.   I believe with the Skunk there are procedures to load a small program before loading an image.  Could do it that way.

In the end you could either buy the image, or pay more and get the cartridge too.  But selling the image is really not unusual.  Many software companies sell only software over the internet, and MAYBE if you really want it, allow you to pay more for the disc copy.
Jagwarefan
trouble maker
losers

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 05:12:48 am »

wow there are jaguar roms? is there an emulator that works yet so i can play them? i had a jaguar when i was in 7 grade and it was awesum. i would like to play the games again.
overlord
Free Jaguar Project Admin

FJP Administrator

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 07:50:12 am »

Thank you for joining our forums! There are Jaguar ROMs available on many websites. Doing a Google search should help in finding them. There are also several emulators available, namely Project Tempest and Virtual Jaguar. Unfortunately, both of those emulators are far from complete and do not run many Jaguar games, but they do run enough to help give you a decent view of the Jaguar library. Virtual Jaguar does have a compatibility list on its main page, so you should see which ROMs will work and which ones will not. I have not yet been able to find such a list for Project Tempest, but hopefully we should be able to compile one here. Smiley

There have also been a good selection of homebrew games released for the Jaguar. Most of these games do not have ROMs available as they are commercial products, but most of them are still available for sale from the publisher. I would recommend checking Songbird Productions, as they have a good selection of homebrew games available for purchase.

Since you are new here, please be sure to read our Mission Statement, About this website, and Forum Rules threads to familiarize yourself with this website and our purpose. Also be sure to check our Banned Games list to see which games are considered off-limits when it comes to discussing ROMs. Again, Welcome!  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:00:39 am by Overlord » Logged
Hellcat
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 08:24:22 am »

wow there are jaguar roms? is there an emulator that works yet so i can play them? i had a jaguar when i was in 7 grade and it was awesum. i would like to play the games again.

Hope you have good memories and welcome!
Nothing like playing a real system and that is the way to go. Found this one on the Bay to restart your collection with classics and support new developers - http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-Jaguar-system-complete-with-2-games_W0QQitemZ110423157333QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b5bbaa55&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14. There are plenty of other deals on games if you look.
It's not mint and the cords are rough, but it's affordable and guaranteed to work. Important to support Songbird and others because they keep the Jag alive by creating new games. Also do not download anything from current developers. There are fun games like "Do the Same" as well as a Jaguar Developers thread here with good information. Don't hesitate to ask any questions and follow the forum guidelines. There is also an Introductions thread in General chat where you can say hello and we can learn more about you.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:26:52 am by Hellcat » Logged
Jagwarefan
trouble maker
losers

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 08:19:23 pm »

why everyone is so angry at other jaguar site?

thank you for welcome. my english not so good but i try. i watch jagware forums for long time also jaguar sector 2. jagware seem nice because they make rom cart for new game for jaguars. i hope to get a emulater because i have pc but not much money for to spend on jaguar player. my freind has a jaguar though. has cd player for player also. my favorite game is battle morf and i like atomic cd they are very cool.
Hellcat
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 08:43:08 pm »

thank you for welcome. my english not so good but i try. i watch jagware forums for long time also jaguar sector 2. jagware seem nice because they make rom cart for new game for jaguars. i hope to get a emulater because i have pc but not much money for to spend on jaguar player. my freind has a jaguar though. has cd player for player also. my favorite game is battle morf and i like atomic cd they are very cool.

English is can be a difficult second language to learn. There are many spelling and grammar checking programs available which may help you. If you use Internet Explorer to browse the web there is a good program at www.iespell.com.

Everyone has the right to their opinions. You should ask the other site why they are, as we cannot speak for them.

We should always support those making new games and respect their hard work.

It is good that you are able to play the games on the actual hardware. I am sure you have fun. You can find many inexpensive systems on Ebay that even come with games like the one I linked to as well as finding games for your friends system. You can also post in the trading area of many forums asking if anyone has games for sale. I am sure the other site may have one.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:47:54 pm by Hellcat » Logged
Jagwarefan
trouble maker
losers

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2009, 08:49:01 pm »

why he is calling me pirate? i ask question and this is response? what did i do? http://www.jaguarsector.com/index.php?showtopic=15350&st=360&start=360
Jagwarefan
trouble maker
losers

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2009, 08:52:34 pm »

why do links not work?
Hellcat
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2009, 09:01:54 pm »

why he is calling me pirate? i ask question and this is response? what did i do? http://www.oprah.com/index.php?showtopic=15350&st=360&start=360

This is not our forum and you will have to ask them there.

I do not know why your links do not work. What links do you mean? Try cutting and pasting the address in the bar. It may be your browser settings. If you mean links on this forum, please send a PM to Overlord explaining in detail what you tried and what the problem is.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 09:05:16 pm by Hellcat » Logged
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2009, 09:55:22 pm »

So you actually say that you are a Jagware fan and don't know what is a rom image and if there are any emulators for the Jaguar? (especially when Jagware offers all games for free and as rom images!)

And now here you say that you know what a rom cart is?

And where did you exactly read about us being angry on any site?

Oh btw, welcome to the forums Smiley

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length