Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2019, 07:53:40 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar ROMs
| | |-+  List of available ROMs?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: List of available ROMs?  (Read 37924 times)
doctorclu

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 06:44:52 am »

Perhaps at some point we will get some links here for some of his legal roms, like some of his images that combine the BJL and BJL program in a flash card image.  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:09:14 pm by doctorclu » Logged
BobbyBobBob
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 11:38:44 pm »

Oh yeah, and if you want a list of all dumped carts then don't forget about these....

Oh dear, some people think a list of files = warez  Shocked

It's just a list & people elsewhere are crying saying this site is offering them. Those Jaguar colored spectacles seem to have other side-effects as well.

These files cannot be found here, in fact NO ROMS CAN. It is just a list to say what exists.

Those people should go back to pirating their prototypes & source codes in their special shop. Shiver me timbers, there's money to be made selling other people's software!
Hellcat
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 11:44:24 pm »

Oh yeah, and if you want a list of all dumped carts then don't forget about these....

Oh dear, some people think a list of files = warez  Shocked

It's just a list & people elsewhere are crying saying this site is offering them. Those Jaguar colored spectacles seem to have other side-effects as well.

These files cannot be found here, in fact NO ROMS CAN. It is just a list to say what exists.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 11:46:10 pm by Hellcat » Logged
theterrible

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 12:12:35 am »

Hey, that'll work. Smiley May want to let that person know about this forum.

As far as hosting ROMs...that is currently not an option at the moment. Our host has requested that we not do this, so we'll have to respect their wishes. Sometime in the future though, I'd definitely like to do it.

Oh, and almost forgot....Towers II, as well as anything else published by Telegames, is kind of a gray area right now. I'm still deciding on whether or not to allow any of their game ROMs to be posted, as they are still "technically" an active publisher who is still selling their own games. However, many of their games are unavailable at the moment. For now though, proceed as normal. Smiley
In order to protect yourself and do the right thing, I would contact any current publisher regarding any of their games and their respective binaries.
If they give you the go ahead, then great.  If not, then that's something the mission statement of the site would respect.
That goes for Telegames and definitely Songbird.  There's also MyAtari.

There's no need for gray area with regard to the Telegames ones, since they are an active publisher who you can simply ask.
Tobermory

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 12:42:30 am »

I don't see anything wrong with having a list of ROMs that have been dumped.  If they're out there, they're out there. You can't put the geenie back in the bottle.

Underground, overground ROMbling free, the ROMbles of Winbledon common are we. Making the most of the ROMs that we find, the things that the everyday 'tards leave behind.
theterrible

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 01:58:08 am »

I don't see anything wrong with having a list of ROMs that have been dumped.  If they're out there, they're out there. You can't put the geenie back in the bottle.
I was talking about Overlord's debate on whether or not links to them should be allowed.
Tobermory

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 02:03:32 am »

What's the difference between typing "[GAME-X] JAGUAR ROM" into google, and just putting a link here?

Underground, overground ROMbling free, the ROMbles of Winbledon common are we. Making the most of the ROMs that we find, the things that the everyday 'tards leave behind.
Hellcat
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 02:14:55 am »

What's the difference between typing "[GAME-X] JAGUAR ROM" into google, and just putting a link here?

Nothing could be done to prevent a person from finding any information that is out there themselves.
If it violates forum policy the link will be taken down.

Due to the nature of this site, any member is more than welcome to post links to ROM or CD image files for any classic Atari Jaguar game. However, we ask that you refrain from doing the same for any game that has been released by an active homebrew or commercial developer. Any posts linking to such files will be deleted, and any member who insists on repeating this behavior will be promptly banned.
theterrible

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 02:18:04 am »

Sigh...

What's so difficult to understand?  I've said nothing about the general act of putting links to roms here...

I'm saying certain ROMs should be forbidden according to THIS SITE's own mission statement that respect the wishes of current publishers/developers.  If the devs/pubs don't want them linked to, then the mission statement of Free Jaguar Project forums accepts that.  I'm saying, they should be contacted and asked before just allowing links to them.

It's all answered in the mission statement.
Hellcat
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 02:25:37 am »

Sigh...

What's so difficult to understand?  I've said nothing about the general act of putting links to roms here...

I'm saying certain ROMs should be forbidden according to THIS SITE's own mission statement that respect the wishes of current publishers/developers.  If the devs/pubs don't want them linked to, then the mission statement of Free Jaguar Project forums accepts that.  I'm saying, they should be contacted and asked before just allowing links to them.

Where are the roms or direct links to those roms posted here? I haven't seen anyone post them and don't want to jump any guns.
That is why there are Moderators and of course the Administrator to deal with any issues that may develop. This is a welcoming community that does not pre judge or mock any honest questions, and we hope that all members would respect that and keep it that way as well as respecting the forum guidelines.
If anyone has any concerns then they are welcome to message a moderator or the forum Administrator.
theterrible

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 02:29:32 am »

Sigh...

Where are the roms or direct links to those roms posted here? I haven't seen anyone post them and don't want to jump any guns.
That is why there are Moderators and of course the Administrator to deal with any issues that may develop. This is a welcoming community that does not pre judge or mock any honest questions, and we hope that all members would respect that and keep it that way as well as respecting the forum guidelines.
If anyone has any concerns then they are welcome to message a moderator or the forum Administrator.
There aren't any links posted (any more.)
It was a direct reply to Overlord's post, which is what I was talking about.
Just re-read that and maybe it will become clear the point I was making.
Hellcat
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 02:35:04 am »

Considering that Overlord is the Administrator and created the Rules/Guidelines he will follow his own words -
However, we ask that you refrain from doing the same for any game that has been released by an active homebrew or commercial developer.
This should be self explanatory.

There aren't any links posted (any more.)
It was a direct reply to Overlord's post, which is what I was talking about.
Just re-read that and maybe it will become clear the point I was making.
User42

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2009, 02:49:59 am »

Oh dear, some people think a list of files = warez  Shocked

Those people should go back to pirating their prototypes & source codes in their special shop. Shiver me timbers, there's money to be made selling other people's software!

Cheesy
Funny, Not only do they not want you to play these protos without paying for them but now they are upset that we are talking about them.....LOL

And what all this other stuff about roms??? Only one person put up a link to a secondparty rom site and it was promptly removed (most likely because there are a few "unsafe" roms there). This thread is about a list...
Tobermory

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2009, 04:14:58 am »

Who are 'they' ?  - Whoever they are, they sound like idiots.

Tobermory

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 04:17:11 am »

Also, if "they" don't like it and "they" aren't here, why should anyone here give a crap or give "them" any attention.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length