Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2019, 06:44:08 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  General Chat
| | |-+  The "What Game Are You Currently Playing?" Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: The "What Game Are You Currently Playing?" Thread  (Read 28697 times)
doctorclu

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 04:27:08 am »

Cryostatis... what is the that game about?

I've played Phantasy Star on the Dreamcast.  Cool game, but have not tried it on a networked server.
sh3-rg

push the button today

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 12:46:36 pm »

I've played Phantasy Star on the Dreamcast.  Cool game, but have not tried it on a networked server.

The original games are much more fun for me, I played through the 1st one a couple of years ago & made sketched maps & notes.. all kinds of shit - it was like being a kid again having to do that Wink

_ __sh3/reservoir_gods^reboot___ _
remowilliams
Tech Group

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2009, 11:12:38 pm »

Cryostatis... what is the that game about?

It's a first person 'survival horror' type of game.  Takes place aboard a Russian nuclear icebreaker that's crashed into icebergs and had some really awful things happen. 

One of the cool things in it - as you come across dead crew members you have the ability to 'relive' the last moments of their life and change their fates to avoid their death.  When you come back to real time in addition to their bodies being gone, you have altered the past which often changes things in the present.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in. Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be." -Sam Vimes (Thud!, Terry Pratchett)
kgenthe

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2009, 11:17:05 pm »

Just got some Neo Geo CD games imported from Japan. I am absolutely loving Last Resort. So far a great horizontal shooter, though it very hard.

remowilliams
Tech Group

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 05:48:19 am »

I've got Last Resort on cart, its a nice shmup.

I finished Cryostasis.  It's not a masterpiece, and the 'story' is oddly disjointed from the game a bit, but the game has moments of brilliance that make it all the worthwhile.  Unfortunately talking about them would rather ruin the surprise.   I liked the ending.   Smiley

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in. Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be." -Sam Vimes (Thud!, Terry Pratchett)
kgenthe

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2009, 03:52:16 pm »

Sure is, but damn it starts to get insanely hard at level 4. I am really wishing I had a second player to help me (stuck on the boss). At least the CD version gives you unlimited continues.

Anyway, what shmups are on the Jag, Raiden and Trevor McFur?

remowilliams
Tech Group

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009, 11:29:00 pm »

Sure is, but damn it starts to get insanely hard at level 4.
That's where things like the Universal Bios for the MVS/AES come in handy.   Smiley

SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2009, 07:45:41 am »

Sure is, but damn it starts to get insanely hard at level 4. I am really wishing I had a second player to help me (stuck on the boss). At least the CD version gives you unlimited continues.

Anyway, what shmups are on the Jag, Raiden and Trevor McFur?

And Project One - even if only level 1 is there, it'll give you trouble for a long time Smiley

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
sh3-rg

push the button today

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2009, 11:02:30 am »

And Project One - even if only level 1 is there, it'll give you trouble for a long time Smiley

Yes, that's the problem with p1 left in the state it is in - it's more trouble than fun in some parts of the level demo.

kgenthe

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2009, 04:41:23 pm »

Ok, currently trying to win Raiden on eBay for a reasonable price. In the mean time, just played through Top Hunter on the Neo Geo CD again.

What a great game. But it's really best when played with a friend. Me and the woman spent 2 straight hours playing through this again. Many people find it average at best, but I think the is one of the funnest games I've played in a long time. The graphics are stunning, as you would expect from a Neo Geo game, but the controls are perfect, and the level design is great.

If you haven't played this before, there is a foreground and a background that you can jump between. It's really set up so 2 players can kick ass on their own playing field, but sometimes there are puzzles that require both planes, and it can be used to avoid enemies, or even jump them from behind.

Really good stuff! If you don't have the required hardware, it is also available in the Wii's Virtual Console.

sh3-rg

push the button today

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2009, 05:05:56 pm »

That sounds really interesting, not seen it before Smiley

I'm currently playing Arkham Asylum on ps3... it's not as great as some people are saying, it's OK though. Looking forward to Uncharted 2 but not much else :/ Got plenty of projects to work on really, not much time for playing games.

Ok, currently trying to win Raiden on eBay for a reasonable price. In the mean time, just played through Top Hunter on the Neo Geo CD again.

What a great game. But it's really best when played with a friend. Me and the woman spent 2 straight hours playing through this again. Many people find it average at best, but I think the is one of the funnest games I've played in a long time. The graphics are stunning, as you would expect from a Neo Geo game, but the controls are perfect, and the level design is great.

If you haven't played this before, there is a foreground and a background that you can jump between. It's really set up so 2 players can kick ass on their own playing field, but sometimes there are puzzles that require both planes, and it can be used to avoid enemies, or even jump them from behind.

Really good stuff! If you don't have the required hardware, it is also available in the Wii's Virtual Console.

kgenthe

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2009, 03:48:32 am »

Just won Raiden complete with box/manual on eBay for $14.94 with shipping. Pictures look mint, pretty happy Smiley

ggn

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2009, 05:46:31 pm »

In between stuff, I'm currently playing the following:

- Goldrunner++, Goldrunner revolution and Space Giraffe on the PC (just bought them today from Yak's site, they're all awesome Smiley )
- Rez on the Dreamcast (I never knew there was a DC version - lovely!)
- Resident Evil 5 on PC (the camera is very shaky and tends to make me dizzy pretty quick, not reached a verdict yet)
- Beebris (if I say on the ST, CJ will lynch me Tongue)
- Cubello on the Wii (it's addictive!)
- Lots of casual games (mostly helping out my mum in the difficult levels Wink )
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:58:40 pm by ggn » Logged
remowilliams
Tech Group

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2009, 08:17:23 pm »

Having blown through Halo3 ODST, I'm considering Batman Arkham Asylum...

Of course I did a whole bunch of Beebris playing before the high score system.   Tongue

ggn

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2009, 08:20:53 am »

Of course I did a whole bunch of Beebris playing before the high score system.   Tongue

So, 3 days before release? Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length