Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2019, 11:05:18 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar General Discussion
| | |-+  Jaguar Game Review Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Jaguar Game Review Thread  (Read 34166 times)
doctorclu

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2009, 05:19:56 am »

That is a good assessment of Raiden.  I think overall while nothing is over the top, it is a solid game across the board in which all aspects compliment each other.

As Trev (the designer of the sound engine here on another thread) was saying, the nice thing about Raiden and other games his company was a part of (Zool, Bubsy, etc) is that they had the music going throughout the gameplay.  That is a nice touch since some games did not have the music during the gameplay.

I just wonder, if we were disassemble and reassemble the Raiden code, if we would find that the Jaguar could handle a full screen gameplay if the side display bar was removed?  That is what I wonder.  Cheesy
kgenthe

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 07:54:59 am »

I just wonder, if we were disassemble and reassemble the Raiden code, if we would find that the Jaguar could handle a full screen gameplay if the side display bar was removed?  That is what I wonder.  Cheesy
Oh I'm sure the Jag could handle it Wink Not sure if I could handle 33% more enemy fire though  Huh

Thanks for reading!

ggn

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 08:25:36 am »

Oh I'm sure the Jag could handle it Wink Not sure if I could handle 33% more enemy fire though  Huh

Thanks for reading!

Project 1 is proof that it actually can. Easily.
ggn

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 10:31:01 pm »

"People who attempted to play this game were plainly horrified at the planet graphics which they had to bounce around the screen, avoiding these odd looking fireballs and occasionally hitting small selections of blue 'alien ships'. Apparently there was a boss level etc. but no-one had the patience to last more than 30 seconds!"

Report from e-jagfest 09 for Mad bodies (source: http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=17470)
Cyrano Jones

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2009, 08:36:59 am »

Go easy on it or they might not release another "PD game coded in STOS by an absolute beginner."
kgenthe

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2010, 05:14:28 pm »

Atari Jaguar Review: Atari Karts

Overall, Atari Karts is a solid title. While it lacks some of the sophistication and charm of other games of it’s type, it’s extremely playable and offers a good challenge. The graphics are sharp and smooth, and show off the Jaguar 2D power well. Those looking for a decent Jaguar game should definitely give it a try. Recommended, if you can manage to find it.

kgenthe

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2010, 04:19:55 am »

Atari Jaguar Review: Supercross 3D

Overall, Supercross is an extremely playable game. The bad frame rate, and the fact that going off track results in a crash is likely a turn-off for most gamers. But if you stick with it, the excellent controls and decent AI offer a decent challenge. Flawed for sure, but recommended for racing fans.

kgenthe

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 09:52:53 pm »

Hello? *crickets*

Ruiner Pinball

Overall, this is a solid Atari Jaguar game. The 2D graphics are sharp and colorful, the music is decent, and the game play is addicting. While not impressive by 1995 standards, as a retro-game, Ruiner Pinball holds up quite well. If you looking for a good game for your beloved Atari Jaguar, you could do much worse than Ruiner Pinball. A complete copy can be found for around $15. Well worth it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length