Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2019, 05:25:08 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Site Announcements
| |-+  Website Comments
| | |-+  issue with the message box
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: issue with the message box  (Read 5739 times)
carmel_andrews

« on: September 09, 2009, 02:48:00 pm »

when it fills up (i.e the text gets to the bottom of the physical box) the box doesnt scroll down naturally and when you try to scroll it down it just goes to the end of the previous sentence, line or paragraph therefore you can't see anything else that you've typed

Also if you do scroll down, the cursor simply jumps back to the last physical box area of text, again so that you can't see the additional text you have typed

Was this an intentional feature or bug/undocumented feature
sh3-rg

push the button today

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 04:01:24 pm »

Maybe you need to write more concise posts  Wink

Seriously, I've not seen that, maybe it's your browser? There are some pretty long posts on here quickly looking around, dunno :/

_ __sh3/reservoir_gods^reboot___ _
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 06:26:58 pm »

Yep, I definitely blame your browser there. Nothing we can do about it atm, we're waiting for the next stable version of the forum software which will hopefully fix this and much more things we're not aware of Smiley

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
GroovyBee

Busy bee!

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 06:57:07 pm »

There doesn't seem to be a way to attach pictures to PMs either. Specifically I mean images on my hard drive and not web images.
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 09:04:20 pm »

[EDIT] Sorry, misread the problem *blush*
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 09:24:20 pm by SpiderJerusalem » Logged

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
GroovyBee

Busy bee!

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 04:45:50 pm »

Yep, I definitely blame your browser there. Nothing we can do about it atm, we're waiting for the next stable version of the forum software which will hopefully fix this and much more things we're not aware of Smiley

Will the new version allow archiving of PMs?
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 04:50:07 pm »

Will the new version allow archiving of PMs?

There is a setting in your profile that enables by default saving the PMs you send. I had to look for it myself too Smiley

GroovyBee

Busy bee!

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 05:00:02 pm »

There is a setting in your profile that enables by default saving the PMs you send. I had to look for it myself too Smiley

I've seen that but it doesn't archive indirectly to hard disk. I know I'm banging on about hard drives again. LOL! On other forums you can bundle up your PMs and have them sent to your email address as a *.zip file or *.html page. As a developer I like to have my own backups Wink.
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 05:18:43 pm »

I've seen that but it doesn't archive indirectly to hard disk. I know I'm banging on about hard drives again. LOL! On other forums you can bundle up your PMs and have them sent to your email address as a *.zip file or *.html page. As a developer I like to have my own backups Wink.

I couldn't find anything relevant there I'm afraid...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length