Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 16, 2019, 10:52:24 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar General Discussion
| | |-+  Jag games wins an award!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jag games wins an award!  (Read 3246 times)
kgenthe

« on: January 18, 2010, 03:33:03 am »

Granted I gave the award... oh well  Grin

IMPLANTgames Retro Gaming Awards 2010

Biggest Surprise

Winner: Super Burnout (JAG)
The Atari Jaguar is one of the industry’s worst flops. Despite being in the market for 2 and a half years, it only managed to sell around 225,000 units, and 100 thousand of those were after Atari folded. It’s not surprising either, as the Jaguar library does not consist of a lot of strong titles. Therefore when I popped in Super Burnout, I wasn’t expecting much. But damn, what a game! The graphics are mind blowing, the 60 FPS and smooth sprite scaling offer a graphical experience not seen outside the arcades. The controls are superb, the soundtrack is outstanding, and the game has all of the modes you need in a racing game. Super Burnout is a stand out title, and should be mentioned among the likes of Alien Vs. Predator and Tempest 2000. It’s that good.

doctorclu

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 03:18:17 pm »

That is amazing since it really is one the Jaguar's more solid games.

Only 225K units eh?  I thought there were some on the Jaguar that sold less than that.
kgenthe

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 04:32:35 am »

That is amazing since it really is one the Jaguar's more solid games.

Only 225K units eh?  I thought there were some on the Jaguar that sold less than that.

Hmmmm, it should read about 225k Jaguar consoles. It would be nice to find a list of individual game sales.

I agree, Super Burnout is excellent. I think in 1994-95 it was probably under whelming, but it has aged well, unlike early 3D titles of that era. One of the best 2D racers of it's type.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length