Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2019, 07:46:41 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar General Discussion
| | |-+  Racketboy Jaguar Article
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Racketboy Jaguar Article  (Read 3379 times)
kgenthe

« on: December 09, 2009, 06:51:49 am »

Racketboy, one of the better Retro Gaming sites out there, did a recent article on the Jaguar:

Atari Jaguar 101: A Beginner’s Guide

For the most part it's decent to get someone unfamiliar with the system up to speed. A few funny inaccuracies...

A dual 32 bit console making it technically the first 64 bit console on the market

I always thought it was 64-bit object processor, blitter, and bus that made it 64-bit Wink

Released November 18th 1993 in the United States.  It was supported by Atari until late1996 right before Atari was bought out by Hasbro.

Again, not quite right.

Overall, decent article. But I find it out that it only mentions 4 Jag games, and all are fairly expensive. I would have mentioned Raiden, Iron Soldier, and Super Burnout, each which are fairly cheap and excellent, and easier to obtain for someone "beginning" their Jaguar collection.

Fredifredo

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 12:12:05 pm »

Max resolution – 800×576 at 24 bit “true” color

hahaha to bad ! Everybody know the max res is 1376x576 ( on pal jag only ! )
A demo on Jagware forum proved it !

Games released up to 2005 – the last title released was a port of arcade classic Gorf
Too false ! Do the Same ! http://dothesame.jagware.org/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 12:13:47 pm by Fredifredo » Logged
Zerosquare

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 07:53:18 pm »

I wouldn't be too hard on them ; all the hardware specs you see on the Internet show different (and wrong) numbers for the max resolution, I think even Atari didn't give the correct numbers ; not to mention that almost all commercial games only use 320x240 or so.
kgenthe

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 08:17:30 pm »

I wouldn't be too hard on them ; all the hardware specs you see on the Internet show different (and wrong) numbers for the max resolution, I think even Atari didn't give the correct numbers ; not to mention that almost all commercial games only use 320x240 or so.
Yeah, the max resolution and home brew stuff didn't bug me too much, as it isn't relevant and doesn't matter. New home brew will be released for the foreseeable future. I doubt anyone but the most hardcore Jag fans notice anything wrong with the article anyway.

Still, the Jag needs less attention so the prices come down and I can afford a few more of the rarer games Wink

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length