Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2019, 07:52:18 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Atari Jaguar Discussions
| |-+  Jaguar General Discussion
| | |-+  How much of your Jag collection was obtained from the wild?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How much of your Jag collection was obtained from the wild?  (Read 4399 times)
kgenthe

« on: November 06, 2009, 05:29:01 am »

What things have you bought for the Jag that came from the wild (game store, yard sales, thrift shops, Good Will, etc). So far, this is all I have obtained from the local used game stores:

Cypermorph (loose 2x)
Alien Vs. Predator (loose)
Composite cable (NIB)
Controller (new in baggie)
Pitfall: The Myan Adventure (CIB)

Everything else has been from eBay or MyAtari. So what have you found in the wild?

doctorclu

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 08:22:23 pm »

A pretty good amount actually.  I think three of my Jaguars, Bubsy, AvP, Tempest, some CD games, super burnout, Iron Solder I believe, and a few other games.  But my early collection was gained from stores and flea markets here in Dallas Texas.
doctorclu

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 08:23:32 pm »

Oh and I forgot about getting two Jaguar development systems in the wild, a Felix and Rapier.  But that is probably not significant right?  Tongue
kgenthe

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 08:55:51 pm »

I have obtained most of SMS and Saturn collections locally, but have had little luck with the Jaguar. You have gotten some excellent scores! Perhaps that's the difference between a big city like Dallas and a little city like Green Bay.

doctorclu

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 05:12:01 am »

Green Bay eh?  If I ever liked football I would have to go with the Packers.  Smiley

So what is retro gaming and collecting like in your area?  What systems do you see in the wild up there?
kgenthe

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 08:10:51 am »

Green Bay eh?  If I ever liked football I would have to go with the Packers.  Smiley

Well if you ever get into it, wait till next year Wink This year is starting to get depressing...

So what is retro gaming and collecting like in your area?  What systems do you see in the wild up there?

There are 2 really great used stores right across the street from each other, as well as a Good Will a block away from that, so making my weekly rounds is pretty easy. There are also the usual mediocre stores that I'm sure every city has, where the oldest stuff they have is Xbox and Playstation 2. But this little trio of stores has proven a gold mine over the years. In fact, I just got a CIB NES for $40. The box is minty fresh and still shiny, quite the score. There is always a stack of Sega Saturns available, the SMS pops up every couple of months, as does the Atari 2600 and 32x.

In general though, I rarely see anything obscure or rare. Never seen a Vectrex, anything from SNK, and haven't spotted a Jaguar item in years. I can't wait for the day when I can finally pull the trigger on a Virtual Boy.

Wisconsin does have a pretty strong retro community, the Midwest Gaming Classic is pretty popular and I plan on attending next year for the first time. Might be the only opportunity I get to play some BSG. On an unrelated note, Ben Heck is from WI as well.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length