Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 16, 2019, 12:36:24 am
Home Help Login Register
News: New Game Released - Beebris

+  Free Jaguar Project
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  General Chat
| | |-+  Introduce Yourself
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 13862 times)
Hellcat
« on: August 01, 2009, 07:24:05 pm »

Get to know other members in the Jaguar Community and tell us about yourself.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 08:28:15 pm by Hellcat » Logged
overlord
Free Jaguar Project Admin

FJP Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 08:52:37 pm »

My name is Overlord, and I have been a big Atari (and Jaguar) fan for most of my life. You may recognize me here as the admin of this forum! Smiley
Hellcat
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 09:08:08 pm »

Guess I'm up next.
Am into classic and modern gaming. Also an Atari and Jag fan and have been actively collecting for closer to 8 years now. Sportswise I catch whatever games I can when not gaming or busy working. I'm big into history and classic cars as well. That's about it.
- Currently am  playing through the Jaguar library and will add new information as needed
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 02:44:56 pm by Hellcat » Logged
User42

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 10:52:29 pm »

I'm pretty new to the Jaguar. I grew up on Atari in the '80s but during the Jaguar era I was a 3DO kid. Anyways, I recently started work on a Jaguar Gamebase (it's an emulator frontend program) and the missing roms and poor emulators have lead me here.
SpiderJerusalem
Tech Group

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 11:33:42 pm »

Just posting here to see if my avatar looks ok Smiley

Hi! My name is Spider Jerusalem and I've been an avid Atari fan since 1986! I got a Jaguar just a few years back and I've been gathering some nice stuff for it, and I've always been on the lookout for a dedicated site like that, where people can discuss Jag stuff Smiley

Hope we have some interesting conversations here!

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete!
BobbyBobBob
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 11:47:18 pm »

Hello I'm BobbyBobBob, or just Bobby if you like. I was a fan of the Jaguar in the time leading up to release & for a good time afterwards until I saw Tomb Raider on the Saturn & sold the Jaguar to put towards it. I found one very cheeply with a good amount of loose carts & I also bought a skunk board rev 1 a while back & have been searching here & there for roms to play on the Jaguar.  When not playing games I share most of my time between darts (on a regional team), watching classic sci-fi movies & collecting replica Medieval weaponry.
remowilliams
Tech Group

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 04:08:32 am »

I've been around a couple sites on the net generally focused around my love of classic gaming and computing.  AtariAge has been my primary home for several years.   Cheesy

I wasn't a huge fan of the Jag in its short commercial lifespan (mostly was focused on computer gaming and then got back into consoles with the Saturn/PS1), but became interested later on.  I started slowly building up a collection and digging into all things Jaguar and was having a pretty good time of it until what has passed for the 'Jaguar community' seriously turned my stomach and I sort of moved to the periphery of it to watch the ongoing disaster.

Recent developments such as the awesome Skunkboard, and new faces coming into the Jag arena have peaked my interest again so here I am.  Smiley  Looking forward to talking about all things Jaguar in the same way most other classic consoles are treated, and without the nonsense that has served as a boat anchor to the system for all these years.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in. Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be." -Sam Vimes (Thud!, Terry Pratchett)
doctorclu

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 04:55:14 am »

Hey I'm Doctor Clu, an Atarian since like 1978 when my dad brought home a telegames 2600 unit.  Would have got a Colecovision later, but saw how cool the Atari 800 was.  I sold my extra 2600 I got selling newspaper subscriptions and was able to buy the Atari 400.  Dad was able to upgrade the 400 to 800 status with better memory, keyboard, etc.  I think it was the family involvement in our collecting the 2600 games and dad helping me with the computer that fuels a warm feeling for Atari today.

Now days I find loose 2600 games and send them home to add to the family 2600 collection.  Smiley

I have an Atari 800 still set up, and I like to call the re-activated Atari BBS's out there (not as faithfully as I should be, but happy to say the Darkforces BBS is doing well).

Current focus is a flash solution for every Atari console so I can play and have fun with the various high score clubs on Atariage.  So I have a flash solution for the 800/5200/7800/Lynx and Jaguar.

My Jaguar collection is fairly extensive, but I want to go to conventions with little more than a Jaguar, a flash card/Skunkboard, LCD monitor, and a laptop with rom images.  My setup is about 95% complete now, and plan on showing it for the first time at AnimeFest on September 4-7 in Dallas, TX - USA.   In the end, along side the Xbox, Playstations, Wii, and Dreamcasts, I want people to see and enjoy the truly awesome Jaguar game system.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 11:44:08 am by doctorclu » Logged
kj4860

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 05:46:49 am »

Hi, i'm Kevin aka KJ4860. I've been into Jag (on and off  Grin) since 1996 when i got my first one at KB Toys clearance sale. I've found the Jag community to be an interesting and unique group of individuals whom are pretty devoted to keeping the console alive in whatever way,shape, or form they have the means to do so in. Hopefully, this will turn into an extensive site for collectors and developers alike  Cool
Sauron

The Dark Lord

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 08:59:08 am »

I'm sure many of you probably recognize me as Sauron, the moderator over at AA. I have been an Atari enthusiast for as long as I can possibly remember. I've owned at least one of almost every Atari system ever released, and still remain a diehard Jaguar fan to this day.
doctorclu

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 05:20:16 am »

Hey Sauron, good to have you here!

So Diggz, what are your thoughts on the Saturn?  I heard it was the great inbetweener.. the system that the Dreamcast fought to have people forget?  Tongue   So tell us, what are the good things about the Saturn?
remowilliams
Tech Group

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 06:47:27 am »

Heya doc Smiley

I personally love the Saturn.  It had amazing Sega Arcade action, blazing 2D, and 3D that could actually draw straight lines and not look like it was being viewed through a couple of screen doors (aka the PS1  Tongue)

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in. Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be." -Sam Vimes (Thud!, Terry Pratchett)
Tau_Ceti

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 09:36:37 am »

Hi,
I'm Tau Ceti which is one of my favourite stars (I'm an amateur astronomer). Jaguar wise, I got my jag sometime in 1996, played Tempest 2000 and then packed it away because I wasn't very fond of the other games for it so went back to my STE and Amiga until I eventually sold my A600 in 1998. Kept my STE though.
When the internet reached me I followed the Atari scenes and tried to see what the jaguar community was all about. I felt some dissappointment and dropped the issue. Now I learned about fjp and I am here to stay!

BobbyBobBob
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 02:30:03 pm »

Hey Sauron, good to have you here!

So Diggz, what are your thoughts on the Saturn?  I heard it was the great inbetweener.. the system that the Dreamcast fought to have people forget?  Tongue   So tell us, what are the good things about the Saturn?

The GREAT things about the Saturn are: Shining Force III and Saturn Bomberman. Are there any homebrew bomberman games for the Jaguar? I imagine with 2 teaptaps it would get very interesting! I love party games!
jmetal88

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 06:20:11 pm »

I'm jmetal88.  I'm not really known for anything, and I've only been a Jaguar fan since 2005, which is both the year I found out about Atari's last console, and the year I bought my first Jaguar on ebay.  I sold that Jaguar later on, then bought and sold yet another Jaguar, so I'm on my third unit now.  While I was never that impressed with the Jaguar's library of games, for some reason I cannot keep away from it, and have actually ended up playing Jaguar more often than my other consoles, except maybe Dreamcast.  I have a Rev 1 Skunkboard that I use for playing demos and betas only, since I'm the kind of guy that prefers having a real cartridge to a ROM (unless it's something I want to play on the go, as for that I'd need a ROM to load on to my GP32, but that isn't powerful enough for Jaguar anyway).  I have also attempted a small amount of Jaguar programming, but so far I've only gotten as far as to display a single still image using the Removers' library.

I figured I'd join up here mainly to see what's going on with the Jaguar community outside of JSII, since I know some potential developers are put off by the viewpoints of some of the more vocal members of JSII, and I don't particularly enjoy browsing through Atari Age.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length